Vice President of Intellectual Property
You have the opportunity to join a leading hightech company which is at the forefront of developing products for patients suffering from cardiovascular and endovascular diseases, represented in over 100 countries worldwide.
This company places utmost importance on research and development. You will therefore join a company which has always taken intellectual property seriously - employing a fully qualified patent attorney team and retaining much of the work in-house.
Reporting into the Board, you will inherit an IP team of patent attorneys, patent searchers and administrators located in Germany; Switzerland; and USA. You will manage and develop the team; you will build up and manage the IP portfolio within the company and you will draw up a strategic roadmap which aligns with the needs of research and the business objectives. You will work with senior management, adopting an ambassadorial role but equally you will take an operational role as the company engages in an increasingly competitive and, at times, aggressive market. In essence, IP is at the heart of the organisation and the business is looking to you to help them navigate through the challenges which are thrown at them.
- You will be degree educated in mechanical engineering, physics, biomedical engineering or materials engineering. A PhD would be an advantage.
- You will be a European Patent Attorney and German Patent Attorney with at least seven years of post-qualification experience in a high-tech company. This level of experience will provide you with the requisite knowledge of European and national patent practices and procedures to manage the function as well as handling some of the more challenging IP issues.
- Evidence of managing and coaching other patent attorneys is essential to the appointment.
- You will have worked in-house. The nature of this management role dictates that you are able to avail yourself to the nuances of working in-house, managing a team and attending to senior management meetings.
- Experience of multiple jurisdictions including the EPO and USPTO.
- Full IP life-cycle management experience with particular knowledge of FTO analysis, post-grant, contentious and transactional matters.