Grund Intellectual Property Group is a boutique law firm situated in Munich, Germany, which specializes in IP acquisition, management and enforcement on a national and global level. We are seeking to strengthen our internationally qualified team with the immediate addition of a
European Patent Attorney.
- Prepare for and participate in European Patent Office (EPO) examination, opposition and appeals proceedings. This includes drafting all required documents and interfacing with external attorney counsel. Should you also have a German Patent Attorney qualification, then you shall also perform these same tasks in connection with German/EU litigation matters, including EU Trademark/Design cases and providing technical support in German patent litigation matters.
- Be responsible for evaluating inventions in the context of the relevant technical field and in view of the cited art as applicable, drafting and filing of patent applications, responding to EPO official actions to obtain granted patents in cooperation with patent professionals situated all over the world.
- Assist in the technical evaluation and corresponding drafting of documents pertaining to freedom to operate opinions, patent landscape analysis, due diligence matters.
- Providing technical assistance for IP-related contractual matters.
- Qualified European Patent Attorney a must, preferably at least 1-2 years experience, including direct representation of clients at EPO oral proceedings; German Patent Attorney qualification would be a plus, but is not required for this position.
- Ph.D./Doctorate level degree in the life sciences, e.g., biotechnology, molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, neurosciences, preferably with advanced course work in chemistry (organic and/or inorganic); experience with computer-implemented inventions and/or (medical) devices a plus.
- Experience in a laboratory environment would be an advantage.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with fine attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is mandatory; knowledge of German a plus, any other language would be a bonus.
- Unlimited work contract, with a competitive salary.
- A beautiful Altbau office space (with a lift) located in Alt-Schwabing, a stone’s throw from the Englischer Garten.
- An international team in a relaxed, friendly working environment.
- Routine exposure to a wide variety of projects, before multiple international patent offices, and working with companies and law firms from around the world.
- We are open to a non-full-time working arrangement.
We are keen to fill this position as soon as possible. Should you wish to join our team, please submit your candidate materials, which shall include a cover letter, CV, transcripts, reference letters, and preferably a writing sample (e.g. an EPO submission) to Dr. Martin Grund at the e-mail or physical address noted below. All of your application materials will be held in the strictest of confidence. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to welcoming you to Grund IP Group.